TRAINING OUTLINE (Federal Employment for Military Veterans)
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC), Sunrise Resource Center
OBJECTIVE: Veteran will learn how to successfully master the federal application.
What You Will Learn in this Workshop:
Why work for the federal government?
How to find federal jobs
What is veteran’s preference and veteran’s hiring authority?
How to determine you are applying for the right positions and at the right grade or salary level
How to understand federal vacancy announcements
How to write a proper federal resume
How to upload required supporting documents
How to use USAJOBS & Application Manager
How to track and follow up on your application
• Opening Remarks
• Why Work For The Federal Government?
• How Is The Federal Government Structured
• What Is The Best Path For You?
– Excepted Service
– Senior Executive Service
• What Are Hiring Authorities?
– Veterans Hiring Authority
• MORNING BREAK
• What Is Veterans Preference And How To I Use It?
• How Do I Determine If You Are Applying For The Right Job At The Right Grade/Salary Level.
• LUNCH BREAK
• USAJOBS Computer Lab
– User ID’s And Passwords
– Elements Of USAJOBS
– Understanding Federal Vacancy Announcement
– How To Find The Jobs
– How To Apply To Jobs Using Resume And Application Manager
– How To Track And Follow Up On Your Application